Internal Auditing to ISO/IEC 17020: 2012
This interactive and practical auditing course is designed to provide delegates with the techniques to perform effective internal audits of organisations who perform inspection activities in line with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020.
ISO/IEC 17020 Course Objectives
Our course will equip delegates with effective auditing techniques and increase their understanding of audit principles in relation to ISO/IEC 17020 in order to improve evaluation and communication, develop more professional reporting and implement corrective action programmes.
Key Skills / Learning Objectives
Through the combination of interactive tutorials and workshops, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020 as it relates to management system standards.
- Objectively assess the compliance of an inspection body and identify areas to improve competency.
- Develop continuous improvement that provides on-going future benefits to a company's growth and success.
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics. This style of delivery makes the course both memorable and enjoyable for participants, ensuring long-term learning.
ISO/IEC 17020 Course Outline
- Quality Management and the role of inspection bodies
- Classification of inspection bodies (Type A, B and C)
- Overview of ISO/IEC 17020 requirements and its relationship with other related standards (ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025)
- Coordination of a quality management system audit against ISO/IEC 17020
- How to construct an audit programme
- Audit planning, horizontal, vertical audits and checklists
- The concept of 'risk-based' audit
- Effective auditing techniques
- Witnessing tests and calibrations
- Evaluating the significance of audit findings
- Methods for improving communication skills during the audit
- How to report the findings and conclusions
- Developing and implementing corrective action
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals wishing to perform internal audits of inspection bodies
- Quality Managers and Supervisors
- Companies seeking ISO/IEC 17020 accreditation
- Registrar/Accreditation body Auditors
- Existing QMS internal auditors who are looking to expand their skills in the area of assessment of inspection bodies
- Supplier Quality Auditors wishing to evaluate suppliers of inspection services
Booking and ISO/IEC 17020 Course Fees
- Delegate workbook, including reference information
- Training provided by qualified and experienced tutors with extensive practical management auditing experience across a variety of manufacture and service industries
- Lunch and refreshments during the day
- Residential accommodation and evening meal (1 night)
- Certificate verifying attendance and completion of course
Variable discounts available if 2 or more delegates are booked on the same course
Please complete the booking form and return together with the relevant fee. Contact us for further information.
More InformationISO/IEC 17020 course dates and venues
Request further information
What our customers say