Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001:2005 Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
This interactive and practical foundation course is designed to provide an introduction to information security management (ISM) systems as set out in ISO/IEC 27001. Information security covers many issues, from copyright to internet security, and the proprietary information that an organization has is now recognised as one of its main assets. Ensuring the security of this information is thus a primary responsibility of senior executives in preserving the value of the organization.
Our course will acquaint delegates with the requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001, providing delegates with an awareness of the issues and challenges involved in relation to implementing an information security management system.
Key Skills / Learning Objectives
Through the combination of interactive tutorials and workshops, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Interpret the basic requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001 and how they apply in practice.
- Undertake a survey of their own organisation and determine any weaknesses that need to be addressed.
- Have an appreciation of the technical challenges likely to be encountered in implementing ISM systems.
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics. This style of delivery makes the course both memorable and enjoyable for participants, ensuring long-term learning.
Overview of the ISM standard ISO/IEC 27001.
- The recommendations of the ISM system and the latest developments in this fast-moving field
- A summary of problems and challenges to guard against
- The relationship between legislation (such as the Data Protection Act) and ISM systems
- The problems of web-based access to systems
- Accreditation and certification against ISO/IEC 27001
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend?
- Those responsible for managing information security.
- Those who wish to assess if they should obtain certification to the Standard.
- Those who wish to obtain an overview of the potential threats to their operations due to the loss of information.
- Senior managers involved in the outcome of ISM system audits.
Booking and Course Fees
- Delegate workbook, including reference information
- Training provided by qualified and experienced tutors with extensive practical management auditing experience across a variety of manufacture and service industries
- Practical checklists which can be used to carry out in-house surveys
- Lunch and refreshments during the day
- Certificate verifying attendance and completion of course
Variable discounts available if 2 or more delegates are booked on the same course
Please complete the booking form and return together with the relevant fee. Contact us for further information.
More InformationISO27001 course dates and venues
Request further information
What our customers say