INTRODUCTION TO ISO 9001:2008
This interactive and practical foundation course is designed to provide delegates with a basic knowledge of the main principles and features of a process based management system and the implications of implementing a Quality Management System (QMS), in order to:
- Understand the business benefits of a QMS
- Begin implementing a management system based on ISO 9001
- Use ISO 9001 as the framework for continual improvement
Our course will acquaint delegates with the principles of quality and quality management, and the requirements of ISO 9001, providing delegates with an awareness of how a QMS can be implemented and benefit the company's performance.
Key Skills / Learning Objectives
Through the combination of interactive tutorials and workshops, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Interpret the basic requirements and principles of ISO 9001 and how they apply to industry processes.
- Assess the business benefits of implementing a QMS.
- Initiate the process of implementing a QMS within their company with an awareness of resources and skills required.
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics. This style of delivery makes the course both memorable and enjoyable for participants, ensuring long-term learning.
Overview of the QMS Standard ISO 9001 and the relevance of it to a business management system.
- Principles and basic constituents of a QMS, the benefits to business and how it may be used for business improvement.
- The format and features of a process-based management system.
- Identifying resources, documentation needs and training
- Implementing a QMS
- Gaining management commitment
- Key tools to achieve results
- Integrating with existing systems
- Links to Corporate Governance
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend?
- Those responsible for assessing the business needs/benefits of a QMS
- Those who will be involved in the implementation and improvement process, e.g. Business Unit Managers, Quality Managers, Management Representatives, Auditors and Consultants
- Those new to auditing wishing to gain a basic knowledge in QMS.
Booking and Course Fees
- Delegate workbook, including reference information
- Training provided by qualified and experienced tutors with extensive practical management auditing experience across a variety of manufacture and service industries
- Lunch and refreshments during the day
- Certificate verifying attendance and completion of course
Variable discounts available if 2 or more delegates are booked on the same course
Please complete the booking form and return together with the relevant fee. Contact us for further information.