ISO 9001:2008 Internal QMS Auditor Course
This highly interactive and practical course is designed to develop delegates' skills to apply the ISO 9001 process audit principles and conduct Quality Management System (QMS) audits in order to:
- Develop effective auditing techniques, improve evaluation and identify opportunities for improvement which contribute to an organisation's growth and success
- Objectively assess the compliance of an organisation
- Contribute to the requirements to register as an IRCA Auditor.
Our course is approved by the UK International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA) and meets the training requirements for individuals seeking registration as an Auditor under the IRCA Auditor Registration Scheme.
Our course will equip delegates with knowledge of the requirements and principles of ISO 9001, providing quality practitioners and systems auditors with the skills necessary to competently perform internal QMS audits.
Key Skills / Learning Objectives
Through the combination of interactive tutorials, practical workshops and case studies following the stages in a live audit, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Apply the requirements and principles of ISO 9001 to the specific processes and needs of your company as well as generally.
- Plan and prepare for an internal audit with an understanding of auditing procedures and documentation.
- Measure the application and effectiveness of the 8 Quality Management Principles.
- Conduct an effective QMS audit against ISO 9001 and evaluate the significance of audit findings.
- Present audit findings and assess continual improvement programmes.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming an IRCA Registered Auditor.
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, building on skills of audit planning and structure, nonconformity writing, conducting audit interviews, evaluating findings and reporting results back to Senior Management. Evening work groups prepare responses to case study situations.
This style of delivery makes the course both memorable and enjoyable for participants, ensuring long-term learning.
Defining the purpose and structure of the ISO 9000 family of Standards and the interrelationship between ISO 9001, TQM and Good Management Practice
- Principles of auditing, the audit cycle and the 8 Quality Management Principles
- Auditing skills and techniques:
- Planning - use of checklists, resources and timing
- Selection of audit teams
- Interviewing and evaluation of information and findings
- Observation - objective evidence
- Evaluating the significance of nonconformities
- Communicating and presenting audit reports
- Corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes
- Effective improvement - planning, monitoring and results
- The evaluation of data collection and analysis systems, including customer satisfaction, goal achievement and process monitoring
- Accreditation and certification
- Sources of information and further development
Tutored Audits - Following the course, participants have an opportunity for further development for their subsequent in-company QMS audits to be observed and tutored to provide practical on-site training.
Who Should Attend?
- Those responsible for undertaking internal audits.
- Managers, whose departments will be subject to these audits, to help them appreciate the benefits that structured audits and the resulting corrective action can bring.
- Individuals who want to become Registered Auditors.
- Senior managers who will have to evaluate the outcome of internal QMS audits and who have responsibility/authority to improve the effectiveness of the QMS.
Booking and Course Fees
Delegates successfully completing the course will be awarded an IRCA registered certificate.
- Registered IRCA certificate
- Student Manual, including substantial reference information
- Training provided by qualified and experienced tutors with extensive practical management auditing experience across a variety of manufacture and service industries
- Lunch and refreshments during the day
- Residential accommodation and evening meal (1 night)
Variable discounts available if 2 or more delegates are booked on the same course.
Please complete the booking form and return together with the relevant fee. Contact us for further information.