ISO 9001:2008 QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course
This intensive, challenging and highly interactive and practical course is designed to develop delegates' skills to conduct Quality Management System (QMS) audits in order to:
- Promote their own organization's performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Objectively assess a company/supplier against third party standards
- Contribute to the requirements to register as an IRCA Lead Auditor
Our course is approved by the UK International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA Reference No: A17179) and meets the training requirements for individuals seeking registration as a Lead Auditor under the IRCA Auditor Registration Scheme.
ISO 9001 Course Objectives
Our course will equip delegates with an in-depth knowledge of the requirements and principles of ISO 9001, providing quality practitioners and systems auditors with the understanding and skills necessary to professionally audit a QMS.
Key Skills / Learning Objectives
Through the combination of interactive tutorials, practical workshops, photo site tour, case studies and simulated audits, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Apply the requirements and principles of ISO 9001 to the specific processes and needs of your company as well as generally.
- Assess compliance of an organization to meet your company's own internal or external (e.g. Certification Body) requirements.
- Plan, develop and implement an internal audit process appropriate to your organization.
- Involve Management in reviewing the effectiveness of the overall quality system.
- Conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing, document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate improvements to the QMS.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming an IRCA Registered Lead Auditor
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, building on skills of audit planning and structure, nonconformity writing, conducting audit interviews, evaluating findings and reporting results back to Senior Management. Evening work groups prepare responses to a case study that is featured during the week.
This style of delivery makes the course both memorable and enjoyable for participants, ensuring long-term learning.
ISO 9001 Course Outline (Full Course Agenda PDF)
Defining the purpose and structure of the ISO 9000 family of Standards and the interrelationship between ISO 9001, TQM and Good Management Practice.
- Principles of auditing, the audit cycle and the 8 Quality Management Principles
- Auditing skills and techniques:
- Planning - use of checklists, resources and timing
- Selection of audit teams
- Interviewing and evaluation of information and findings
- Observation - objective evidence
- Evaluating the significance of nonconformities
- Communicating and presenting audit reports
- Corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes
- Effective improvement - planning, monitoring and results
- The evaluation of data collection and analysis systems, including customer satisfaction, goal achievement and process monitoring
- Accreditation and certification activities
- Sources of information and further development
Tutored Audits - Following the course, participants have an opportunity for further development for their subsequent in-company QMS audits to be observed and tutored to provide practical on-site training.
Who Should Attend?
- Those responsible for undertaking internal audits.
- Managers, whose departments will be subject to these audits, to help them appreciate the benefits that structured audits and the resulting corrective action can bring.
- Individuals who want to become Registered Auditors.
- Senior managers who will have to evaluate the outcome of internal QMS audits and who have responsibility/authority to improve the effectiveness of the QMS.
Booking and ISO 9001 Course Fees
Delegates successfully completing the course and exam will be awarded an IRCA registered certificate.
- Delegate workbook, including reference information
- Registered IRCA certificate
- Training provided by qualified and experienced tutors with extensive practical management auditing experience across a variety of manufacture and service industries
- Lunch and refreshments during the day
- Residential accommodation and evening meal (4 nights)
Variable discounts available if 2 or more delegates are booked on the same course
Please complete the booking form and return together with the relevant fee. Contact us for further information.