Introduction to OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems)
This interactive and practical foundation course is designed to provide delegates with a basic knowledge of the main issues arising from implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS), in order to:
- Understand the general requirements of OH&S systems, with specific reference to OHSAS 18001
- Understand the different approaches and benefits of implementing an OH&S management system
- Consider how OHSAS 18001 can be integrated into existing management systems
OHSAS 18001 Course Objectives
Our course will acquaint delegates with the requirements and principles of OHSAS 18001, providing delegates with an awareness of how an OH&S MS can be implemented and benefit the company's business performance.
Key Skills / Learning Objectives
Through the combination of interactive tutorials and workshops, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Interpret the basic requirements and principles of OHSAS 18001: 2007 and how this applies to the most significant OH&S MS issues.
- Assess the H&S hazards, risk assessments and risk controls.
- Evaluate legislative compliance.
- Initiate the process of implementing an OH&S MS within their company with an awareness of resources and skills required.
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics. This style of delivery makes the course both memorable and enjoyable for participants, ensuring long-term learning.
OHSAS 18001 Course Outline
Overview of OHSAS 18001 and the relevance of it to a business management system.
- Identifying resources, documentation needs and training
- Implementing an OH&S MS
- Gaining management commitment
- Risk assessments and evaluation of legislative compliance
- Key tools to achieve results and monitor improvements
- Integrating with existing systems
- Links to Corporate Governance
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend?
- Those responsible for specific OH&S issues
- Those who provide strategic input into the OH&S management system, e.g. specialist contractors, OH&S Managers and Officers, design engineers, legal advisors and experts.
- Those who might be involved in the implementation or auditing of an OH&S MS.
Booking and OHSAS 18001 Course Fees
- Delegate workbook, including reference information
- Training provided by qualified and experienced tutors with extensive practical management auditing experience across a variety of manufacture and service industries
- Lunch and refreshments during the day
- Certificate verifying attendance and completion of course
Variable discounts available if 2 or more delegates are booked on the same course
Please complete the booking form and return together with the relevant fee. Contact us for further information.
More InformationOHSAS 18001 course dates and venues
Request further information
What our customers say